Sunday, April 11, 2010

Get in Shape Girl!!!


Well a week and a half ago was a very low point for me. I went to my doctor's office and discovered that I now weigh a whopping 230 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it! I am HUGE! When I look at myself in the mirror I just don't see it! Course I don't have a full length mirror either:) Well I thought to myself, "It is time to do something about this!" I thought I would make weekly posts on FB so I could work on being accountable to people to help keep me on track and stay motivated. Alas I knew that wouldn't be enough. I wanted to keep a journal so I could write my feelings and thoughts down. Well then the blog came to me. It is the perfect way to keep motivated and to keep track of everything! Plus I can share my experience with everyone who may be feeling the same way as I do.

Back story: Ok I was always a healthy and very active kid! I never had to worry about anything I ate. I did gain weight when I hit puberty cause I was blessed with huge boobs and a JLo butt(or so I was told:) Not really a blessing though because I became more sedentary and self conscious about my body. Thankfully by big brother Christian made me join the cross-country team in 9th grade. I was so glad cause it helped me get over my self consciousness plus I got in great shape! I guess when you are running 7 miles a day you don't have to worry about what you put into your mouth:) Although I was in shape I still think I weighed around 135 in high school. Then I moved to St. George, Utah and went to college. I then got to 150-160lbs. I worked out at Golds and would use diet pills etc. Next I moved to northern Utah and went to Weber State and continued to gain weight. I rarely did anything active and so it makes perfect sense. Eating crap at all hours and sitting on my booty is a recipe for disaster. By the time I got married I was up to 190lbs:( So 3 children and 3 c-sections later I am now 5ft tall I weigh 230lbs and things are REALLY not looking very pretty!

So here goes! I am going to loose weight! my first goal will be 180lbs then 150lbs from there I will evaluate what I need to do next. I already feel that I will be needing plastic surgery to repair my tummy and I personally want to have something done with my breasts. Wish me luck! I hope everyone will feel free to comment and help encourage me and share their experiences and tips for weight loss!
Here are some photos of me at some different weights in my life so far. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. What a great blog. It's not easy what you're doing. Great job on the weight you've lost so far. I know you can do it. A great site I like and highly recommend is www.realage.com

    Once I have this baby, I'm going to join you on this weight lost journey. BTW, I love all your pictures through the ages.

    ReplyDelete