Sunday, April 11, 2010

How am I doing this?

Ok so here is the breakdown for how I am loosing weight. First I went online and googled for my age/height how much should I weigh? (Or you can do one of my favorite things and go to the GNC in the mall and get yourself weighed on their scale) Second I found out how many calories I need to eat each day to loose weight! I used to be on Weight Watchers and we did the point system. I needed a break from that since I wanna start fresh. So I am going back to basics and counting my Calories and Fat. Everyone has a pc these days and there are many tools out there to help with weight loss! I have decided on Spark people for now. They even have and App for the iPhone if you have one! I am using that app on my iPad to track what I eat/drink etc. It is quite handy of those spark people I tell you! You type in what you are eating and it will pull it up from their system or you can manually put it in! So far I have only had to add 2 things I think! I find that I like to horde my calories and I still eat more at night. I hope to fix that soon. I feel it is due to my emotions. Here is the link for anyone who is interested in Spark People!

To be honest I was trying to loose weight before but I couldn't due to the anti-depressants I went on after having my third child. I have since weened myself off and have now started fresh and have had a loss! The whole ordeal was very depressing and upsetting! One of the best things I have learned recently is that it is ok to, "mess up" and have a bad day. I used to think my whole week was a wash! But that's just not true! If you do have a bad day you have the chance to start over the very next day!
Just last week this happened and I still lost the 5lbs. Jason brought home KFC and I literally couldn't control myself! I pigged out! I found that the next day I had a clean slate and I tried to do even better!

5 comments:

  1. Erin! I love you! You are so brave and beautiful! I am so doing this with you! I was in really good shape last year. I was down to 135 which for me is really good. I had good friends that I worked out with and that kept me movtivated. Then we moved and I lost my workout buddies. I have put about 15 pounds back on. I am so sad. I worked so hard to get rid of it. I appreciate you doing this because I need the motivation. And I find that if I am doing it with someone else I am more successful. I totally can do Slim Fast. Here are a few things I have found..
    The Target and Walmart brands have fewer calories than original Slim Fast. Also....I have been using Jillian Michaels Protein Powder shake mix. It has less calories and less sugar and more protein. And it tastes just as good. I will just mix it up in the blender with some skim milk and a banana. Remember when Ian lost all that weight with the protein shakes.
    Anyway...keep up the good work and keep posting. I Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you...I'm glad you're taking control and doing something just for you. I know that when I take care of my body I feel so much better in all aspects of my life and it makes life a little easier to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin you are so awesome. I hope to be as brave as you soon. I have gained a ton of weight since I got married and had a child. I have tried to lose weight and constantly gain weight. I have recently started going to the doctor and it sounds like I have a pretty serious hormone problem. Once I get my emotions and other things under control, I plan to eliminate this chunky monkey body of mine. Good luck and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously have to try Fit Yummy Mummy. That is how I lost my weight after Gwen and I am going to start that up again. You only exercise 90 min/week and eat sensible. I was amazed that I was able to lose the weight and workout for less time.

    You have to purchase an ebook, about $30, but that is it and it is super easy to follow and you don't have to watch a workout video you just follow the exercises in the book and I usually watch any show I want, so I don't get bored.

    Good luck, and if you decide to do it give me a call if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're my hero.. I think I am gonna seriously do this with you. You are a great motivator. I like what your friend above said. I also do well when I do it with other. I have better luck when I have someone to check in with and be held accountable with. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete